I know it is November, but just one last comment on the holiday and some photos…Gotta love having kids old enough to take care of Halloween costumes on their own. I love that Sabrina & her friends got together and planned a “theme”. They worked on pageant sashes all week. I’m hoping one of the moms was able to get a group photo at the party Friday night. Jens’ and Walker’s costumes were thrown together just prior to heading into school. Jen’s bandages didn’t make through the day-they drove him crazy. The wound tattoos, however, seem to still be holding strong almost 2 weeks later.
Last week was Sabrina’s 12th birthday. Wow…has it really been that long? It seems like only yesterday when she was screaming nonstop, spitting up constantly, and in the hospital with RSV. It was winter; we were living at Bigelow Ranch in a home with no furnace and with kids sleeping in our bed or on the living room floor. Seems like a nightmare now, but sometimes I actually miss it…not really. I’m rambling… Anyway, my little girl turned 12! She is an amazing young lady-ok…having issues with “young lady” not that she isn’t one-more along the lines of “denial” that she is old enough to fall into that category. She is so sweet-I love watching her with little kids. She always tries to involve them in whatever games she and her friends are playing. She is very nurturing and tender. She would like to be a nurse someday-a field I think she will excel in. She likes playing the clarinet but can’t wait until after Christmas to change to the oboe. She loves to read and loves papercrafting of all kinds. It’s not uncommon to find her and Lexi or Keki & La spread out on the floor in the homework room surrounded by scrapbooking supplies. So anyway, it was her birthday and I was not here. I know, very crummy of me-I was in Kaysville at my sister Tami’s house, watching her kids while she was in Hawaii with friends.
(If Tami was a better sister, she would have sent me instead-but she didn’t.) Tami had to get permission from Sabrina for me to be gone before I agreed to go up there. She did give permission but there were a couple of conditions. First was that Tami had to bring her home something from Hawaii-which she did and Sabrina LOVED, btw. Second, was that I would allow Sabrina to have one last birthday party-which is this coming Saturday. I think the last time Sabrina had an actual birthday party was when she turned 8. This party will have a scrapbook theme. I figured with all the extra supplies I have left over from various classes taught over the years I would only have to spend $ on a glue stick for each girl. I am using older sales samples of albums, stamp sets, paper packs and calendars as “prizes” for the girls to take home. I knew I must be saving all this stuff for a reason!
While I was up in Kaysville, I was able to reconnect with some friends from high school. I had lunch with Stacey McNellis one afternoon at Applebee’s. (She hasn’t changed a bit.) I connected with Talena Johnson through Facebook and then read her blog from beginning to end-it is amazing what I have the patience to do when it doesn’t take 2 days for an internet page to come up. I’ve known Talena since I first moved to West Bountiful in 1st grade-she sat right next to me and was the only person who read more. (Isn’t it funny the things we remember?) We had almost every elementary school class together. (This was our 5th grade class photo-Talena is top row far right. I am bottom row far right.)
While I was up in Kaysville, I was able to reconnect with some friends from high school. I had lunch with Stacey McNellis one afternoon at Applebee’s. (She hasn’t changed a bit.) I connected with Talena Johnson through Facebook and then read her blog from beginning to end-it is amazing what I have the patience to do when it doesn’t take 2 days for an internet page to come up. I’ve known Talena since I first moved to West Bountiful in 1st grade-she sat right next to me and was the only person who read more. (Isn’t it funny the things we remember?) We had almost every elementary school class together. (This was our 5th grade class photo-Talena is top row far right. I am bottom row far right.)I also was able to visit with Kelli Rencher-now Rollins, at her home in Bountiful. Can I just tell you how much I love Kelli? We became friends in 9th grade-never had a class together but our lockers were close. She always called me Kimless, actually still does…I never could figure out why. We both worked for Desert Book after high school in different locations but for the same manager. She has 5 very active boys of whom I only met the youngest, a 2 year old. He looks just like her. Whenever I need a good laugh I read her blog. Anyway, I tell you this because the next little bit about my house is specifically for her.
4 comments:
Kim, I CANNOT believe you posted that 5th grade picture. You are hilarious! And what a good memory you have. Your kids are GORGEOUS! They take after you that way. I loved reading your post! I was talking to my Mom the other day and I was telling her we have re-connected and she was inquiring about your Dad, how is he? she was just wondering. Check out her blog it's awesome, www.sherriejohnson.blogspot.com
Love it! Just wanted to thank you & Sabrina for hosting an AWESOME party! The girls absolutely loved it!
Shout out to you Kim! I can't wait to compare white trash notes. I loved our visit also and I still don't know why I called you Kimless. I seemed to shorten all my 2+ syllable friends into 1 and add onto my 1 syllable friends. thus Kimless!
Sabrina, you're beautiful!! I can't believe how time flies. Kim- I love you so much! Thank you, thank you, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your willingness to come be with my kids! They had a great time with you! BTW- I don't know if Parker will ever get your name right. He made some comment to me yesterday, "You know, when aunt Tiff was here babysitting us..." ha. priceless.
Post a Comment